Subject: progress status of the ubc project
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Paolo Losi <p.losi@lombardiacom.it>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/17/2000 18:27:10
Hello everyone,
    I've just started studying and grepping unix kernels (linux,*bsd...).
I've chosen NetBSD as the main source of code for two reasons:
- *BSD has probably the best documentation (what do you
  think about "Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD operating
  system"...?)
- NetBSD, beeing so portable, has a clean separation of arch
  dependent code (no hacks to achive higher performance on a single
  architecture) and I think this is very useful for a newbye :)

I'd like to have your opinion on these matters.
Moreover I'm really interested in the ubc project.
I've searched on the mailing list archives without finding any
recent news: what is its status? is there a specific mailing list
on the project?

    Thank you very much
        Paolo Losi