Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/14/2000 14:04:18
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> I think you misunderstand something.  If you look at hzto(), it subtracts

Yes...I had assumed hzto did a straight conversion.  (I still think that
adding just to subtract is kind of silly, especially when both have to
be at splclock().)

> It seems like the right way to get "forever" is to pass NULL for the
> system call's `tv' argument, rather than to pass {0,0}.  Otherwise,
> there's no way to distinguish between "passed {0,0} to wait forever" and
> "timeout expired already for whatever reason, and we should not wait
> at all".

Since the timer is handled by tsleep, what is the "timeout already
expired" case, that needs to be distinguished from "caller wants to wait
forever"?
						Konrad Schroder
						perseant@hhhh.org