Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/14/2000 14:11:26
On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 02:04:18PM -0700, Konrad Schroder wrote:

 > Yes...I had assumed hzto did a straight conversion.  (I still think that
 > adding just to subtract is kind of silly, especially when both have to
 > be at splclock().)

I guess the idea is that things that use hzto() might be doing someting
with an absolute time value, not a relative one.

 > Since the timer is handled by tsleep, what is the "timeout already
 > expired" case, that needs to be distinguished from "caller wants to wait
 > forever"?

Since hzto() returns 0 for "expired already", passing that to tsleep()
will cause it to sleep forever when you really want it to not sleep at
all (because you would have been awakened already).

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>