Subject: Re: Multiport Ethernet NICs
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/05/2000 07:25:57
We have experienced some problems with a fxp card (dmesg: ... Intel
EtherExpress Pro 10+/100B Ethernet ...) which I believe is single port.
The problem is in the area of 100 autoselect/full duplex.

Under 1.3.3 autoselect seems to work - the 100 light is on (not sure if
we are running full or half duplex).
Under 1.4.1 autoselect seems to work at 10baseT but not at 100.
Under 1.5 autoselect does not seem to work, setting at 100 we can get
  get half duplex to work but not full duplex.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?
johnh...