Subject: Multiport Ethernet NICs
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/05/2000 06:45:37
I'm looking for one or more Ethernet adapters for the i386, ISA or
PCI, with multiple, isolated interfaces and ports.  I have a few
Genius combined NIC and hub (five ports, one reversible) adapters
and I'm saddened to hear that they've been discontinued.  But they
aren't what I want.  I have a multi-homed host and I would dearly
like fewer than the four adapters I will need really soon.  Even
two ports per card would seem a great improvement.

Naturally, NetBSD support (hm, I'm running 1.3.1 on that host, but
I will upgrade if necessary) is of the essence.  With some help, I
my even be able to hack up a driver.  And it is becoming progressively
urgent :-(

++L