Subject: Re: port-i386/3834
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/29/2000 09:30:47
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> There is another possible solution for this problem; we could declare
> "ccd" a filesystem type, and have a mount_ccd command which
> configures the ccd, and then looks at the ccd label to invoke the
> next mount_* command (for FFS, LFS, etc).

Well, you'd certainly also want to look at fstab. There could be multiple
partitions on the ccd, and you might only want to mount a few of them at
boot. :-)

What might be better is to make "ccd" a fake partition mount point, and
have the rc mount code catch it, and config the ccd at that point. Same
thing would work for raidframe.

Take care

Bill