Subject: Re: port-i386/3834
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/29/2000 01:58:37
Uh, it's a little hard to do NFS before the network is configured,
just like it's hard to use CCD or RAIDframe until the kernel has been
told what the components are. That initialization is done every time
the system boots, as distinct from one-time initialization like
"newfs" (though we have one counter-example in mount_mfs which has
newfs in its guts, and intializes every time).

I'm just suggesting adding one level of indirection (a classic
method) to solve the problem cited in the PR, which is that in single
user mode, the "ccdconfig" isn't run for you already, so "mount -a"
or "fsck -p" will certainly fail. Add that functionality into the
mount/fstab system, and maybe we make it all cleaner and simpler.

Hmm, though that does leave out the fsck step.

	just thinking out loud,

	Erik <fair@clock.org>