Subject: Re: port-i386/3834
To: NetBSD GNATS Bug Tracking System <gnats-bugs@netbsd.org>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/29/2000 00:07:31
There is another possible solution for this problem; we could declare
"ccd" a filesystem type, and have a mount_ccd command which
configures the ccd, and then looks at the ccd label to invoke the
next mount_* command (for FFS, LFS, etc).

This could also work for RAIDframe.

The upshot is that some filesystems require preparation at runtime
(e.g. ccd, RAIDframe, NFS, Coda, Arla), versus the ones that are
"just there already" like FFS, LFS, ext2fs. Perhaps our "fstab/mount"
system should be augmented to deal with invoking runtime prep, in
addition to just calling mount(2) with the right parameters.

	just a thought,

	Erik <fair@clock.org>