Subject: Re: call for testing changes to le(4) for PCI on big-endian machine
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2000 20:41:09
	I have the if_le_pci driver working with PCnet 79C971 on PowerPC
systems.  As Izumi points out, the byte swapping mode does not work on
PCI.  The original NetBSD driver only really worked with 7990, not 79900
chips (it was not handling some extended interrupts).  The current driver
also does not configure 100Mb mode.  I can send back the code that I am
using, but it is not directly insertable into the current NetBSD sources.
I am not using the driver with NetBSD, so I cannot directly drop in the PR
changes for testing either, unfortunately.  I can send a working
big-endian version of the driver for AMD 79C971 to compare with the PC's
changes if anyone is interested.

David