Subject: common APM code
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2000 22:19:07
Hi,

I've decided to make *ADHOC* power management for hpcmips
before I start to work on tidy power management frame work.
I brought i386/i386/apm.c and modified it a little to make it work
on other than i386.

Please see:

http://www02.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ca2/takemura/tmp/apm.tgz

where apm.c is common APM code, which was extracted from
sys/arch/i386/i386/apm.c and apmvar.h is a copy of
sys/arch/i386/include/apmvar.h.

I want to put them into:

  sys/dev/apm.c
  sys/dev/apmvar.h
  sys/arch/hpcmips/dev/hpcapm.c

because apm.c is not hpcmips dependent and might be usefull for
other platforms. I think that i386 people don't have to use the
apm.c and the apmvar.h. They can continue to use their files if
they desire. I suppose that APM is obsolete and no one will
improve apm driver and releted user land programs in a big way.

If you are against me, I will just put the apm.c and the apmvar.h
into sys/arch/hpcmips/dev/.

Please comment.

Takemura