Subject: Re: ACPI
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/15/2000 11:33:25
| I just said that ACPI's power management abstruction
| is generic enough for hpcmis or any other platforms.
| I meant "ACPI's power manage ment abstruction" for:
|
|   - System state difinitions
|     G3-G0 (off, soft off, sleeping, working)
|   - Device power state difinitions
|     D3-D0

Hmm. Speaking of which, it seems like we need a user interface or API
for managing this stuff. For instance, I'd like to be able to look at
all the PCI devices in my laptop and see what power state they thought
they were in. To be able to turn off power to the network interface if
I was not using it, etc., etc.

Has any thought been given to this sort of thing?

--jhawk