Subject: RE: sysctls for everything!
To: 'Simon Burge' <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/12/2000 10:39:35
Hi,

I think so!  The reason that I agree rests on the
clustering effort that I am working on.

In spite of the costliness of going though a syscall,
it forces all kernel interaction into a single point
which makes it easier when process migration works to
proxy syscalls to the node where the process was
started.  It also serves to allow globalization of
kernel resources so that they can be viewed by other
monitoring tools on remote machines.

I am totally in favor of this...

Andy Sporner