Subject: Re: prtconf (Was: tty device names for Cyclades Z)
To: None <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2000 15:50:40
According to Greywolf:
>The locator information sounds like a good candidate for pageable
>kernel information.

Ummmm, let's be generous here - 1 long per locator (or make it a 64bit
number.... yeah), 5 locators per device, 100 devices per system comes
to less than 4k.  Sounds like much pain in the kneecap* for what is a
single kernel page on some architectures.

>Speaking of which:  Has our kernel entered the new age and has some parts
>of it which can actually be paged out, or are we still entirely

AFAICT we are still entirely resident.

[*] Hey, you said "Pain in the patella" first ;-)