Subject: Sound Blaster 16 PnP
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Gustavo Pamplona <pamplona@uai.com.br>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/25/2000 15:16:16
Hy, guys

Is my second time at this list. I'm sorry for my English, I'm a brazillian.

First of all: I'd like to thank to Manuel Bouyer at this list who helped me
to solve the problem of the red screen of the PCVT driver.

Well, my problem is not big.

Into my Kernel Configuration File GENERIC, I saw lines speaking about Sound
Blaster 16. My version is old. NetBSD (i386) 1.3.2

Of course, I already seted up the following lines:

isapnp0	at isa?

and more below...

sb*	at isapnp?			# SoundBlaster-compatible audio
sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq
5 drq 1 drq2 5	# SoundBlaster
audio*	at sb?
joy*	at isapnp?			# Game ports
(usually on audio cards)

Obs: I knew MIDI is not possible at this version.

All right, is everything configured, but when I boot the NetBSD system, at
the momment of probbing the 'sb' device, the line input of my Sound Blaster
board, go to the mute state.

Is there a way to solve this?  Example: A parameter like options "".

Thanx and Regards.

	     Gustavo Pamplona - pamplona@uai.com.br
	   Linux User: 137471 - FreeBSD User: FBSD042237
 Slackware 7.0 | Debian 2.1 | FreeBSD 3.2-R | NetBSD 1.3.2 (i386)