Subject: sysctl(KERN_PROC),etc ready
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/25/2000 18:52:49
Folks,

I think I've pretty much finished the work that I've been doing on
sysctl(KERN_PROC) and friends except for the compat32 stuff.  A small
summary of the changes are:

 + new sysctls:
	KERN_PROC2 - return an array of struct kinfo_proc2's.
	KERN_PROC_ARGS - return argv/envv for a process
	KERN_FSCALE - return the current kernel fixpt scale factor
	KERN_CCPU - return the scheduler exponential decay value
	KERN_CP_TIME - return cpu time state counters
 + libkvm:
	new open flag "KVM_NO_FILES" - set up enough for kvm_get*2() interface
	kvm_getproc2() - interface to sysctl(KERN_PROC2)
	kvm_getargv2() - interface to sysctl(KERN_PROC_ARGS) for argv
	kvm_getenvv2() - interface to sysctl(KERN_PROC_ARGS) for envp
 + ps, w, top:
	use new interfaces, remove sgid bit

Testing has been on pmax, alpha and i386 to date.

For those interested, I've put diffs on
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/ftp/pub/NetBSD/misc/simonb/sysctl-kproc2-diffs.tar.gz

I'd like to plan to commit it this weekend - Jason, since this involves
a change to the contents of 'struct proc' can we coordinate this with
your scheduler changes to avoid a double bump in the kernel version?

Simon.