Subject: doreset() - timeout writing to console
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Gustavo Pamplona <pamplona@uai.com.br>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/23/2000 08:07:40
Hi, NetBSDusers

I'm new in this list. I'm brazillian and I'm sorry for my English.

Well, my version is more old than the other members of this list. My
version is 1.3.2 being the latest release is 1.4.1.

In the GENERIC kernel of my version, the default console is pc0. But how
this only me to enable just one console. So I needed to compile the Kernel
to be able to open more virtual consoles to me.

I see this line in the Kernel Configuration File.

#You can only enable one these.
pc0	at isa? port 0x60 irq 1		# pccons generic PC console driver
#vt0	at
isa? port 0x60 irq 1		# PCVT console driver

So, I uncomment the vt0 and I commented the line of pc0.

After have done all the modiffications. I compilled the kernel.

The compilation was nice. But when I booted the NetBSD system this message
appears
followed by another (I can't remenber now).

doreset() - timeout writing to console
doreset() - blaha blablha bhla bhla bhla

As result of this, my screen becomes red but the kernel booted nice.

But, happyly my consoles appears. Now I can switch between them. Of course,
I set up the /etc/ttys.

This function is also at one *.C file at /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/isa/pcvt/,
but the problem is...

I don't want to see my screen red everytime when I boot the NetBSD.

Is there a way to change anything at this *.C file to don't present to me
these two messages everytime.

Is there a way to the Kernel don't show, at less the red screen everytime?

Anybody can help me?

	     Gustavo Pamplona - pamplona@uai.com.br
	   Linux User: 137471 - FreeBSD User: FBSD042237
 Slackware 7.0 | Debian 2.1 | FreeBSD 3.2-R | NetBSD 1.3.2 (i386)