Subject: ppp connections
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír Doleček <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/2000 16:34:07
Hi,
I'm observing some interesting behaviour with some applications.

I have configured dial-on-demand connection to internet. What I
see is that some applications seem to be stuck in some kind of
TCP/IP wait if I start them while the link is down - they attempt
to connect to some address, this causes the normal dialing process
to start up (this takes about 40-60s).  Once the computer is
connected, it still takes pretty long for them to actually connect
to the address after the link is set-up, occassionally longer than
my configured idle time (about 40s), so that the link is closed
again before the application even gets to send something. This
normally forces me to quit the app and start it again while the
link is up.

Wouldn't it be possible to somehow do "try to retransmit all waiting
packets when ppp link is brought up" kind of thing ?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?