Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2000 09:39:06
|  > Modified Files:
|  > 	syssrc/sys/dev/ic: i82557var.h
|  > Added Files:
|  > 	syssrc/sys/dev/pci: if_fxp_pcivar.h
|  >
|  > Log Message:
|  > Move pci-specific data to fxp_pci_softc from fxp_pci_softc.
|  > Add some more pci-specific data to fxp_pci_softc.
|
| Why does PCI-specific data need to be in the header?  Put it in
| if_fxp_pci.c

Would you care to be a tad more clear? I cannot tell if you are
saying:

	a)	"struct fxp_pci_softc" should be declared in
	if_fxp_pci.c rather than creating an if_fxp_pcivar.h
	just for that one softc.

	b)	"PCI-specific data" doesn't belong in the softc.

if you mean a), well, I guess I can move it there and get rid of a
header file, it seemed to me that the right place for struct softc's
is .h files, but indeed a cursory examination does show that plenty of
drivers declare struct softc's in .c files.

if you mean b), I can't see why you would say that, if only for
ambiguity over "data".

I'll move the struct softc to if_fxp_pci.c.

--jhawk