Subject: Re: rbus
To: None <mrg@eterna.com.au, tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/09/2000 13:32:03
> >what's the deal here?  these ports (??? which are they???) should be fixed!
>
> At least PowerBook 2400c.  It has two cbbs, and the Open Firmware assigns
> separate address ranges to them respectively.
>
> So, bus_space_alloc (-like function) needs to know which cbb is the caller,
> but bus_space_alloc can't.
Why not?  It's given a bus_space_tag, why can't that contain this info?
It's also given a subrange that code possibly be used for this.

When it comes to the problem of allocating with a certain number of bits
fixed, then bus_space_alloc() is lacking.  The extent manager has provision
for this with extent_alloc1().  I think the bus_space framework should
be extended with bus_space_alloc1() using the extra skew parameter.
Jason, what's your opinion?

	-- Lennart