Subject: Re: kern/9987
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2000 13:05:13
On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 12:53:22PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 12:51:37PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > [PR complains that inserting a smartmedia adaptor causes wdc to hang for
> >  a while]
> >
> > Are you sure this is a problem?
> >
> > If I recall right (can check tonight), the ATA* specifications explicitly
> > allow a timeout of that order for probing...
>
> I guess the point is that it shouldn't delay().

which is a major change... similiar to how SCSI busses are probed nowadays
(delayed to the time when kernel threads work if I understand what happens),
this has to be done for wdc probing also?

	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of