Subject: missing dependencies in libc Makefile
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ethan Solomita <ethan@geocast.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2000 01:54:22
	I'm not even sure what list this should go to, but since it wasted an
hour or two of my time I figure I can at least whine for one email with
you all. The problem is in lib/libc/sys/Makefile.inc. It generates lots
of files directly by piping a printf which includes SYS.h to cpp and as.
It lists SYS.h and syscall.h as dependencies, but not ${ARCHDIR}/asm.h.
Someone who can check things in may want to add that.

	But this is still not right, because it needs to recursively be
dependent upon everything that SYS.h is dependent upon, which involves
additional files in some architectures. We might just make it dependent
upon some random file that includes SYS.h.

	OK, I'm done whining, thanks for listening. 8-)
	-- Ethan