Subject: rbus/bus-regions (was: PCIBIOS)
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2000 00:10:32
Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl> writes:

[...]

> and can be used with bus_space_alloc and the "rbus" code in the
> cardbus code. The latter currently just assumes 2 values that it can
> use to allocate memory for cardbus from, which is Very Bad.

What rbus tries to do should be fixed properly. There should be a way
to allocate a bus region, and then do sub allocations from that
region. The obvious (to me) way to do it would be to create a function
that allocates a region and sets up an extent that you can then pass
to bus_space_alloc. How many of the different bus_space
implementations are as simple (read fast) as for i386?

/Johan