Subject: Re: Source of sample PCI driver
To: ANN WIE WONG <wormworm@hotmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/24/2000 13:00:03
On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 10:46:06PM -0700, ANN WIE WONG wrote:
> hi,
> i am trying to look for a pci sample device driver too. did u manage to get
> hold of one? would appreciate it if you could help me.

You can look at sys/dev/pci/puc.c, which is one of the simplest drivers.
PUCs are devices with one or more serial or parallel ports on it, usually
using standar chips (e.g. 16550 UART for serial).
This driver just locate the I/O adresses of the registers of the serial or
parallel controller and passes it to the serial or parallel driver.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>