Subject: Re: ncr53cxxx driver design issues
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/20/2000 16:44:22
On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 12:17:03AM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> "siop" strikes me as a bad name. It's too generic: lots of other
> vendors could describe their hardware with the same name. Or even
> other NCR chips.

I don't have my doncs handy but I think 'script I/O processor' is a trademark
or something like that. I'm not sure other vendors could use it.
Also the symbios docs explicitely name the 53c7xx/53c8xx chips as this,
so I guess they would chose another name for a different line of products.

> How about nsp and ensp, as counter-proposals?

What does nsp stands for ?