Subject: ps_strings addrress (was: new sysctl(KERN_PROC, ...) interface)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/20/2000 23:36:46
Simon Burge wrote:

>  2) Need a way to get the address of the ps_strings struct for a given
>     process - this can vary per process on a machine running both 32 and
>     64 bit processes.
>
>     Possible solutions: add
>
> 	sysctl(CTL_KERN, KERN_PROC_PSADDR, pid, &va);
>
>     or keep address of ps_strings in struct proc and pass back inside
>     struct kinfo_proc2.

Am I right in saying that the stack on sparc64 for a 64bit native and
32bit emul process both are at USRSTACK=0xf1000000, and PS_STRINGS
always allocates room for a 64 bit 'struct ps_strings' either way?
sparc64/sparc64/netbsd32_machdep.c doesn't seem to do anything
different in this respect...

Simon.