Subject: Re: NetBSD runs linux, mostly... (was: your mail)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/13/2000 09:23:26
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> writes:

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Yes, except unfortunately for the new beta release of Netscape-6.x.  It
> > needs a bunch of libraries not included in the suse_linux package or any
> > of its dependents, such as libgtk-1.2.so.0, libgdk-1.2.so.0,
> > libgmodule-1.2.so.0, and libglib-1.2.so.0.  Does anyone have another
> > SuSE sub-package that might contain one or more of these?
>
> No, but using our rpm pkg's rpm2cpio and our cpio, I was able to install
> these. Someone sent me the RPMs, but I'm sure they're available on the
> Net.

Well, as its SuSE one should look at www.suse.com (our pkgsrc is based on 6.3).
You'll find any package you need on on of the ftp mirrors. I got gtk and jpeg
rpms from there (note, SuSE uses rpm too).

If you install our SuSE-Package you also get trons rpm2pkg which eases the use
of rpm2cpio. Until we have it in some kind of package, a

rpm2pkg -d /emul/linux/ package.rpm

does the trick. At least netscape6 ran, but it wasn't very reliable.

--
Mario Kemper
magick@bundy.lip.owl.de