Subject: Re: another question on NFS filehandles & sockets and stuff...
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/12/2000 18:42:20
[ On , April 12, 2000 at 12:51:58 (-0700), Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: another question on NFS filehandles & sockets and stuff...
>
> woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods) writes:
> > How hard would it be to have 'fstat' report all of the files and sockets
> > that the kernel has open?  Would anyone besides me find this helpful?
>
> You mean like "lsof" does?  (in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/lsof)

I should have mentioned that I was purposefully ignoring any related
features that any third-party software might provide me.

Actualy it appears that 'lsof' can't do what I wanted anyway....

(It can do the portmapper lookups I also want to do, just not the kernel
sockets for NFS mounts apparently, at least not on 1.4V w/ lsof-4.49.3C.)

--
							Greg A. Woods