Subject: RE: disk caching
To: 'mirian@cosmic.com' <mirian@cosmic.com>
From: Andy Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/12/2000 11:33:23
I am not sure I like their approach, but as you
have already figured out, there is some advantage
to throwing memory at it.

Speaking somewhat out of a little ignorance, isn't
there a BUFPCT kernel tunable that instructs how
much system memory to assign to the disk buffer
cache?

What would be cool is to be able to dynamically
change this on demand.

Andy