Subject: Re: question on NFS filehandle
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/12/2000 12:55:10
On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 12:37:12PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> is the filehandle for a given file the same for NFS v2 and v3 ?
> For rpc.lockd I need a way to know if I have several requests for the
> same file, but requests can come from NFS v2 or v3 clients ...

On NetBSD, the filehandles will be the same for v2 and v3. In general,
it is undefined if filehandles will be the same for different NFS
versions on the same server (they can be; v3 filehandles can be
larger), so you can't make this assumption for other servers. But,
that doesn't seem to be a problem in your case, since you're
running on a NetBSD server.

- Frank