Subject: RE: FS behaviour on error
To: Andy Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/2000 21:20:12
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Andy Sporner wrote:
> How sacred is the implementation of BSD?  I have posted a
> request for comments about PID's and heard nothing so I am
> presuming that there isn't a big religous issue about possible
> changes.
>
> What exactly is the stand of the BSD group?  I happen to
> think this idea below is a good thing if we don't have it,
> with respect to filesystem behaviour.

The game is that if you do it and it's not VERY wrong, people tend to use
it, possibly include it into the OS if it makes sense. The point is,
though, that one usually has to do things him/herself. :-)

 - Hubert

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"