Subject: Re: Performance of RAIDframe and SOFTDEP
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@geo.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/07/2000 12:35:34
On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 02:43:50PM +1300, Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz wrote:
> I have run some tests on a NetBSD box to see how RAIDframe and SOFTDEP
> interacted. ...

I haven't had much of a chance to play with this in the past month, but
I did get a chance to compare it RAIDframe with ccd striping. The ccd
performance figures were almost the same as the RAID 0 figures. It seems
that my SCSI subsystem isn't going to provide me with efficient
striping. The only other SCSI controllers that I have are the pair of
controllers built into a VAX I recently obtained, so I haven't been able
to try swapping out the SCSI adatper in the PC. I did look for cheap
adapters on eBay, but nobody wants to ship outside the US.

Sometime I will have to set up a proper test harness for this so that I
can set it running a whole pile of tests with a variety of parameters
without me having to fiddle with it.

Cheers
--
Lloyd Parkes, Network Manager, School of Earth Sciences
Victoria University of Wellington