Subject: LiS (Linux Streams) for NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/03/2000 13:37:37
I'm looking into porting/adapting LiS for NetBSD.  What is the proper way
to detect that NetBSD is the current operating system?  Some of the header
files included with LiS re-define constants in our /usr/include/ directory.
 If there is a string always defined by cc during compiles on NetBSD then
something like the following would work:

#ifndef NETBSD

//original #defines and #includes, etc

#endif // #ifndef NETBSD

Any ideas?  If possible, I would like to figure out the modifications
necessary and submit them to the owner/maintainer of LiS.  Modifications of
the kind shown above would seem to be fairly easy for the LiS maintainer.

Steven Grunza

PS
  I really don't want to port STREAMS to NetBSD.  I want to use a PCI card
that requires STREAMS in the device driver....