Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc (kern/9697)
To: None <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: matt <deberg@mit.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/30/2000 11:10:08
    >> Perhaps we may convert the code to use ratecheck() so that > the
    >> message get's written, but not all the time ?  > Or reduce it to
    >> LOG_INFO?

    Jaromir> Or both ? And write the message to syslog like once in an
    Jaromir> hour ?  It can get annoying even on LOG_INFO level - would
    Jaromir> enlessly fill the log files. As long as the information
    Jaromir> get's through, it doesn't need to pop into administrator's
    Jaromir> face each other second IMHO.

any ratelimiting solution will still cause a log at that interval on
some partitions.  i still don't see the point of a once-an-hour
message telling me the optimization has changed under normal use.

what is one supposed to do with this information?  the kernel is doing
the Right Thing by changing optimizations, so i'm not going to force the
partition one way or the other.

matt
--
matt debergalis <deberg@mit.edu> KB1CTH