Subject: The meaning of scsipi_minphys
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/2000 13:01:39
What is the purpose of the scsipi_minphys() function pointer in the
scsipi_adapter struct?
I thought it could be used to give an upper bound on the amount of
data that is given to the scsipi_cmd() function.
This interpretation is obviously wrong, because I use the minphys
function to limit the bp->b_bcount to 16K, but scsipi_cmd() is happily
given larger chunks to transfer despite this.
If this is not the way to limit the size, how can I limit it?  If I can't limit
it, what is the minimum that a driver has to be able to handle?

--

        -- Lennart