Subject: Re: Rebooting woes again
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/15/2000 23:56:40
--==_Exmh_856281059P

In message <200003152233.XAA02836@arresum.inka.de>you write:
> On Wed Mar 15 23:22:49 2000, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> >
> > *sigh* I'm trying to debug some USB stuff in the kernel and I have to
> > reboot every few minutes.  Rebooting seems to be as unreliable as
> > it has ever been.  About every other reboot fails because it can't
> > sync all the buffers.  Wasn't there some debugging flags you could
> > turn on to help track down this problem?
>
> A workaround would be to change /etc/rc.d/mountall.

Huh?
I can't find that directory on any of my machines...

And, besides, why does reboot work nice on the alpha and sparc, but not on the
i386?

Gruesse
       Oskar

--==_Exmh_856281059P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQCVAwUBONAVJrA63tqjeAhZAQHuggP9HenESCHTnrYX5vFLB3EjzqC3X+pmuef9
TY9Q39mpSkfU//kzKJg8u8/oZet9ewIfsRIPd6agrFrXQWb2g9YoAPiBFRZu/5fv
4yhwc21HaEozzbLgILR/G2NezrKM1/25BCa90gkrF190jACZv8iMfRSoLEtCdYQ6
sOEo4wXRPTA=
=9qGZ
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_856281059P--