Subject: Re: Diamond RIO500 USB driver
To: Alex Nemirovsky <nemiroal@yahoo.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/15/2000 23:32:46
Alex Nemirovsky wrote:

> Is anyone else working on the port of the
> FreeBSD Diamond RIO500 USB driver and Linux
> userland tools?
> http://www02.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ca2/kzmi/rio-tools/rio500-driver.html
>
> Last night, I dived into the
> USB driver and got it into the kernel.  However,
> I have not had time to port the Linux userland
> tools in order try out the driver. The port files on
> the above web page seems to corrupted.
> I was wondering if anyone else is trying to do the
> same thing? Maybe we can work together?

I took a look at the FreeBSD driver.  It had several flaws so I just
rewrote it from scratch while on a plane to Boston.  But I have no
Rio so I can't test it.

In any case, I'm not sure there should be a kernel driver for it, because
ugen can handle everything you need to do with the device.

--

        -- Lennart