Subject: Re: building package tarball without installing
To: Mirian Crzig Lennox <mirian@cosmic.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2000 13:29:31
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Mirian Crzig Lennox wrote:
> Since 'make package' implies 'make install', I figured that maybe I
> could do something like
> 	make DESTDIR=/usr/local/tmp
>
> Unfortunately, this results in a package that wants to install
> under /usr/local/tmp/usr/pkg instead of /usr/pkg.  This can be
> circumvented with the -p option to pkg_add, but yuck.

try this at bsd.pkg.mk, line 591:

.if defined(DESTDIR)
PKG_ARGS+=              -p ${PREFIX:S,${DESTDIR}/,,}
.else
PKG_ARGS+=              -p ${PREFIX}
.endif
PKG_ARGS+=		 -P "`${MAKE} package-depends PACKAGE_DEPENDS_QUICK=true|sort -u`"

Might be worth adding... let me know if this improves things for you!

 - Hubert

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"