Subject: Re: VFS LKMs & pool_init() panic
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/12/2000 19:01:36
> [...] I like the current approach of VFS lkms,
> where it's FOO_lkmentry() is just a glue routine
> with (almost) no knowledge of fs internals (the only thing it needs
> is a pointer to respective vfsops structure).

I don't understand this (probably because I didn't look at the source
in question): there are "LKM global" resources, that should IMHO be cleared
when the LKM is about to unload, i.e. by FOO_lkmentry. And there are FS
specific resources that should be cleared at FS unmount time.

The FOO_lkmentry may need some external "clean_xxx()" functions, but it
doesn't need any knowledge about FS internals.

Is there any other class of resources I overlooked?

Martin