Subject: Re: How do I create a include-file to match my new syscall? (fwd)
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Espen Jorde; IFI; H97 <espenjo@unik.no>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2000 15:10:52
Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> writes:

> >> Can anybody give me a hint on where I should look? Which directory
> >> should I put my .h file for it to compile correctly and end up in
> >> /usr/include. How should my .h file look. Any good examples?
> >
> >Have a look at src/lib/libc, it contains all the stubs for system calls
> >(plus a lot of other stuff :-).
>
> i actually did this last year for some silly reason.  :)
>
> here's what was suggested to me as a reference
>
>    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/programming.html#adding_a_system_call
>
> and what i actually ended up doing
>
>    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/1999/08/08/0003.html

Could somone possibly give me a short introduction to what "stubs" really
are and how I might write one.

When i look in /usr/src/lib/libc/sys all i find is .2 files wich
looks very much like files used to create manfiles to me. Am i missing
something vital? There is some .c files there, but nearly enough for
all the syscalls.

--
:-)EspeN