Subject: Re: How do I create a include-file to match my new syscall? (fwd)
To: Espen Jorde; IFI; H97 <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2000 11:11:58
According to Espen Jorde; IFI; H97:
>I'm trying to make yet another in-kernel datapath, so that I can send
>out enormous amounts of non-important multimedia using multicast. (This
>is the short, short version:-) )

You may want to look at using mmap to pump the data into kernel space,
passing large amounts of data in/out of the kernel using the usual
methods does suck somewhat.  Have a look at the sound drivers for how
to mmap a device.

>I'm really exited! (Thanks!)

Uh huh - just remmeber to send your parents a SIGCHLD and wait for a
status request (sorry couldn't help myself ;-)