Subject: How do I create a include-file to match my new syscall?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Espen Jorde; IFI; H97 <espenjo@unik.no>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/2000 14:24:18
Hi!

Part of the work for my master thesis involves adding some system
calls to the kernel.

After some time I have figured out how to add my own system call. I
have done this successfully with a 1.4.1 kernel.

Now my problem is how to access syscalls from user-space. I can call
them by using "syscall(<syscallnumber>, arguments)". But i would love
to be able to do something like this:

#include <foo.h>

foo(i, j, k);

Can anybody give me a hint on where I should look? Which directory
should I put my .h file for it to compile correctly and end up in
/usr/include. How should my .h file look. Any good examples?

Any help is appreciated!

--
:-)Esp-en