Subject: Re: Integrate ISDN?
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/02/2000 16:49:55
On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 01:51:51PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > does an ISDN driver stand any chance of being included in the source tree
> > if it were rewritten according to NetBSD's kernel guidelines? Having gone
> > through the hassle of installing it to -current several times now (which
> > never quite fits by definition), I am ready to spend whatever amount of
> > time is needed during the next 1/2 year to help bring i4b into the main
> > tree if encouraged by this forum.
>
> I'd definitely like to see it.

i4b isn't fully Euro-ISDN compliant.  We are having a i4b-derived system
tested and there are several problems with it.  I don't know the final
results yet, but we'll try to inform the i4b developers about the problems
so they can fix the stack.  Some of the problems have been fixed in our
i4b port, some haven't..

But yea, it would be nice to have i4b in the NetBSD kernel tree.

  -jm