Subject: nfs causing trashed stack ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/26/2000 10:28:21
Is anyone else seeing problems with NFS causing the stack to become
trashed with moderate NFS activity ?  (Problem is with a i386 client
running 1.4R with a 1.4T alpha/pc164 serving NFS).

So far I've had one panic and now a freeze (looks like infinite loop)
with a trashed stack (null) - from ddb.  On both occasions, the i386
box has been busy doing things locally too (copying things with pax
and building a kernel).  I'm pointing the finger at nfs as the first
panic occurred in `make' which was the only user of nfs at the time.

Darren