Subject: Re: DAD verbosity
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/18/2000 10:34:31
Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au> writes:
> This seems messy to me.

It's certainly interesting.  8-)

> Would it be worthwhile adding a buffer,
> somewhere, which various parts could add information to and was
> printed out once the `configure' was complete ?

It might, but it's kinda hairy.  I've not really thought about what it
would take to do that.

and, of course, that wouldn't solve the problem for any of the _other_
areas that use the calls like this...  8-)

> (I'm guessing,
> without RTFS'ing, that the function which prints out "sd0" also
> prints out the "\n").

oh, you wish it were that.  8-)

consider:

	foo0 at bar0 loc X loc Y: some device info\n
        AAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD