Subject: Re: Dumping autoconf info from DDB
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Atsushi Furuta <furuta@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/17/2000 21:33:39
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:49:42 -0500 (EST)

> > 	    Strictly speaking, "files" file tree and configuration file
> > 	    tree are not really trees.  They are DAGs rather than
> > 	    trees.
>
> I'm not sure what it is you're saying are DAGs, but it sounds as though
> you're talking about the device configuration tree.  Well, this sure
> doesn't look very DAGlike to me:
>
> ## SBus expander box
> xbox*   at sbus? slot ? offset ?
> sbus*   at xbox?

  Thank you for your explanation. Now I understand what I mistake.  It
is not acyclic at all.

  I find our configuration file example has:

pci*	at pchb? bus ?
pchb*	at pci? dev ? func ?	# PCI-Host bridges

It has just a same structure and our implementation tested with this
example file, so I expect the implementation is not assume it is
acyclic.

> The tree of devices actually located during autoconf, that's a DAG -
> but it's a tree, so presumably that's not what you're talking about.

  Yes. I was talking about parent-child relation in configuration file
such as "GENERIC", but not about the tree of devices.
--
furuta@sra.co.jp