Subject: re: DAD verbosity
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/17/2000 22:21:54
[ from tech-net ]

   	i see, will make "starting" message inside #ifdef DIAGNOSTIC.
   	(i'd like to keep "complete" message, as it runs simultaneously
   	after interface becomes IFF_UP)

yunno, all this run as threads, etc, stuff that we have now makes for
annoying console/kernel messages.  things are printed in the middle of
other things.  last time i updated my lapdog and booted with both an
ep and a xircom ether+modem card, the ep0 and com2 probes printed
all over each other so much that i was very unsure about what applied
to what, and looked really ugly (the lapdog is dead right now)...

i wonder, is there any nice way to ensure these messages are printed
in a sane fashion?  it is really annoying :-(