Subject: Re: Dumping autoconf info from DDB
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/11/2000 19:21:51
On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Noriyuki Soda wrote:

> > > Newconfig project of japanese freebsd people tried to solve this
> > > problem by extending NetBSD configuration mechanism dynamically.
> > > (adding new drivers and new buses completely dynamically was also
> > >  one of their goals.)
> > >
> > 	This looks quite interesting - does their overall approach
> > 	seem compatible with NetBSD? If so, would they be interesting
> > 	in coordinating with pulling something like this into the
> > 	main NetBSD tree?
>
> As far as I know, Yes.
> Furuta, Uchiyama, Maekawa and Kanaoka said that they are interested to
> complete their work on NetBSD.
>
> P.S.
> Uchiyama already has developer's account of NetBSD. (uch@netbsd.org)

	What would be the best method to assist them in this - would
	Furuta, Maekawa and Kanaoka also be interested in NetBSD
	developer access?

	Before embarking on such a project it might make sense to
	ask the existing NetBSD developers to look at a general
	overview of the design to ensure there is no later conflict.

	If there is any small way in which I can help to make this
	happen, please let me know!

		David/absolute