Subject: Re: Project UDI? (again?)
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/09/2000 22:21:59
> Well, we can't even agree on various flavors of if_attach/if_detach let alone
> something like CAM. Why would we agree to UDI unless it would be under the
> aegis of 'equally painful and stupid' for all?

Because it would have been equally-NIH for most interested parties...  :-)

I'd still like to see a common driver framework--at least for the
various BSDs.  I'm not naive enough to expect it, but I am idealistic
enough to wish for it.  I don't want to get into the reasons that we
don't have it, though.  Not here.  Not now...

-allen