Subject: Project UDI? (again?)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/09/2000 20:41:53
I asked this question about 14 months ago and got no response.  Perhaps
this time will be different...  I re-raise the question as I ran across
a website in my search for SysV ABI processor supplements...

Has anyone looked at Project UDI (http://www.Project-UDI.org/)?

I'd like to know:
	1) Does anyone know if hardware vendors are starting to use it?
	2) Could map onto NetBSD in a useful way?

The specification documents are available on-line in PDF format and
they're available printed and bound.  The "active participants" listed
by "Project UDI" (hosted by SCO, who we know is (or was) partnered with
HP and intel for IA-64 Unix) "include" (are? ;-):
	HP
	SCO
	Intel
	Compaq
	Interphase
	Sun
	SBS Technologies
	IBM
	Adaptec
	Software Technologies Group
	Lockheed Martin
	Lynx Real-Time Systems

Interphase and Adaptec are the only device vendors that I recognize at
all in that list.

-allen