Subject: PCMCIA lossage
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/06/2000 20:02:18
I updated to current on my desktop and got the same problems with the ray driver
as Peter Seebach reported.  I.e., it stopped working.
The problem turned out to be the recent change in i82365.c that enabled
16 bit memory accesses.  By forcing mem8=1 in that file I can get things working
again.

I don't know PCMCIA, but I think the code in pcmcia/pcmcia.c looks suspicious.
In pcmcia_function_enable() there is a call to pcmcia_mem_map() to map part
of the PCMCIA device into memory.  But this call does not force 8 bit memory
access.  What if the device cannot handle 16 bit access?  Shouldn't that call play
it safe and always map in 8 bit mode?

--

        -- Lennart